MUSIC MAKES THE WORLD GO ‘ROUND
PROGRAM TYPE: Children's/Educational PROGRAM LENGTH: 50 Minutes – 1 HourAUDIENCE AGE: Grades 1 – 8 (Grown-ups like it too!)
MUSIC MAKES THE WORLD GO ‘ROUND, is a multi-cultural feast for the eyes and ears. This program explores different cultures through music and storytelling, and was originally developed in 1994 for the South Central Library System of Wisconsin, for their summer program series for children. It has grown in form and content ever since, and continues to be one of Diane’s most requested programs for young audiences.Diane has a menagerie of instruments from all over the world that is sure to delight and engage. Her collection includes the Caribbean Steel Pan, Aboriginal Didgeridoo, Native American Courting Flute, Irish Whistle, ocarina, Peruvian Pan Pipes, Tambura from India, Anklung and Sukawati flute from Indonesia, African Talking Drum, South American Split Drum and Trutruca, folk harp, guitar, Appalachian Mountain Dulcimer, and more!
There are plenty of opportunities for audience participation with singing, and hand-held rhythm instruments. MUSIC MAKES THE WORLD GO ‘ROUND, has been a very popular program choice for schools and libraries for more than a decade.
Some enthusiastic audience members at one of the first, rare outdoor performances of Music Makes The World Go 'Round in the summer of 1994.
* A large performing space is required due to the number of instruments in the program.
* Artist can provide sound system for audiences up to 200. A minimum of four hours is required for set-up if sound reinforcement is needed. It is important to have no other activities in the performing space during set-up and sound check.
* Due to the lengthy set-up, early afternoon performance times are preferred.
* Lighting must be provided by performance venue if needed.
* If house sound is being provided, artist requests advance planning to address specific sound requirements.
* In it's full format, this program is NOT suitable for outdoor venues.
* This program is suitable for Kindergarten age children if they are part of a mixed grade school audience.
* Advance planning with staff is needed for student participation with rhythm instruments.
* Additional time can be scheduled with small groups of children for one on one question and answer, and to see instruments up close. Small group sessions require staff assistance.
FOUR WEEK LEAD TIME REQUESTED FOR BOOKING PERFORMANCES
BUT WAIT . . . .
For schools, libraries, and other groups working with a limited budget, space, schedules, etc., in 2010, Diane created . . .
MUSIC MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND EXPRESS!
Contact Diane directly and ask her about designing a version of this popular program to fit your group's individual needs.